Thursday, December 18, 2008

BOOM - Bust.. Recovery*











BOOM!

1. This is a picture of a newspaper ad being part of the great depression. I chose this picture because it was letting people know about how bad things were crashing/dropping because of the depression.

2. This is a picture of a newspaper ad being published to everyone about BLACK TURESDAY. I chose this picture because it had BLACK TUESDAY and on it and because the ad was most likely telling about that dark Tuesday.

3. This is a picture of a club that was very popular during the Harlem Renaissance. I chose this picture because the Harlem renaissance was included in the Boom of my project it’s all about the 1920s Harlem Renaissance.

4. This is a picture of a newspaper ad telling somewhat about the Women’s rights of 1920s. I chose this picture because it was about Women’s rights.

5. This is a picture of a lady (singer) from the Harlem Renaissance. I chose this picture she was a big part of the Harlem Renaissance, she song in night clubs.

6. This is a picture of a lady who suffered and went through hard times during the Dust Bowl. I chose this picture because she had children and they had to suffer with her, today she is on novelties etc.

7. This is a picture of a stamp symbolizing the women of 1920s. I chose this picture because it’s a symbol from the women saying that THEY CAN DO IT!

8. This is a picture of everyday people in the 1920s. I chose this picture because it’s when times were going good; how things were before the depression and dust bowl phase.

9. This is a picture of people leaving their homes due to how bad things were going. I chose this picture because I really felt there pain, they had to leave in order to try and make things go better in there life.

10. This is a picture of a saloon (bar) serving alcohol before it was banned. I chose this picture because the people in the photo looked happy to be making money and to be serving there beverages.

BUST -

1. This is a picture of kids of the 1930s taking a class photo. I chose this picture because it showing how school kids dressed back then.

2. This is a picture of a lady in a dress. I chose this picture because it’s showing how the women dressed back then.

3. This is a picture of a lady who suffered and went through hard times during the Dust Bowl. I chose this picture because she had children and they had to suffer with her, today she is on novelties etc.

4. This is a picture of a pin (button) recognizing women’s rights. I chose this picture because it’s showing how the women are saying they are putting there foot down.

5. This is a picture of a music album from the Harlem Renaissance. I chose this picture because its showing how there music discs looked back then.

6. This is a picture of a man and 2 children running through the thick sands from the Dust Bowl. I chose this picture because it’s actually showing how high the sand was after the Dust Bowl.

7. This is a picture of the dust bowl taking over homes. I chose this picture because it had to do with the life back then.


8. This is a picture of the dust from the Dust Bowl actually hovering over the houses. I chose this picture because I think that the Dust phase was actually in action, it’s a good picture.

9. This is a picture of little kids running and playing during the time of Harlem Renaissance. I chose this picture because it looked like a good photo that I should put under the Harlem Renaissance.

10. This is a picture of all the famous people/singers and from the Harlem Renaissance. I chose this picture because they were a BIG part of the Harlem Renaissance.




RECOVERY*

1. This is a picture of Franklin D. Roosevelt. I chose this picture because he was part of the Recovery period.

2. This is a picture of the fun that went on during the Harlem Renaissance. I chose this picture because it actually shows how things got down back then.

3. This is a picture of the FDIC symbol. I chose this picture because it was part of the Recovery period.

4. This is a picture of the NRA logo. I chose this picture because Roosevelt created the NRA (National Recovery Administration) to fight the Depression. Its symbol was the blue eagle.

5. This is a picture of NAACP. I chose this picture because its showing people from that association.

6. This is a picture of kids trying to get money so that they can eat. I chose this photo because it’s showing you about what you had to do to try and get fed, because people didn’t have any jobs.

7. This is a picture of 2 men pouring out alcoholic beverages because drinking was illegal. I chose this picture because it’s showing how they had to get rid of all alcoholic beverages.

8. This is a picture of the animated phase of red scare. I chose this picture because the picture is speaking for itself on Red Scare.

9. This is a picture a boy (man) telling a girl (woman) that girls (women) should stay in there place as a house wife or that they aren’t meant to be out doing things that a boy (man) can do.

10. This is a picture of children eating what they can find; because of the depression thing). I chose this photo because it’s showing how things looked for how things were back then with the kids.

3 comments:

Tia said...

This display is really good. It is very easy to understand. All of the words and pictures are clear. Good Job!

jaquanclark said...

this was very easy to read. I think the pictures were clear and went well with each period. And I like the different colors that were used with each different time frame.

carrie said...

Great design and your pictures show up very good in your post. See handout for overall grade. Some of your pictures and topics are under the wrong period. Be sure to critique two classmates posts to earn credit for unit 7 #4 assignment.